Rigatoni, which is a typical type of traditional pasta from Rome, have the characteristic ridged external surface and a large diameter and thickness. The shape is particularly versatile and is perfect with a variety of tomato or vegetable sauces, but the best condiments are sauces made from meat: slow-cooked sauces with meat and mushrooms, made from beef and pork, sausage or giblets. The recipe with pajata (calf intestines) is a classic dish. Any type of sauce that is sufficiently liquid to get inside the pasta and be trapped by the ridges is recommended. Available in 16.0 oz pack. Cooking time: 14 min - Al dente: 12 min
Ingredients: Durum Wheat Semolina, Vitamins (niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Iron (ferrous Lactate). Contains Wheat. May Contain Soy.
Allergens: Not Available
Storage: STORE AWAY FROM HEAT, HUMIDITY AND DIRECT SUNLIGHT
- SLOW DRYING We still use the same method today to best preserve the natural flavor and aroma of wheat and the natural color of our semolina for a superior quality pasta.
- THE BEST DURUM WHEATS We select the best durum wheats from Italy and the rest of the world in terms of gluten quality, healthiness, protein content and organoleptic characteristics.
- COARSE-GRAIN SEMOLINA We use only ﾓcoarseﾔ-grain semolina in order to preserve the integrity of the gluten and obtain a pasta which is always ﾓal denteﾔ
- COLD MAJELLA MOUNTAIN WATER We make our dough solely with cold water from the Majella mountains, at a temperature of less than 59ﾰ F ensuring perfect firmness when cooked.
- COARSE TEXTURE We craft our pasta with coarse drawplates to guarantee the ideal porosity to best capture the sauce.